Monday, December 1, 2008

What's it about?

Welcome to Information Security with Merritt!

The goal of this blog is to provide news, tips, how-to's, discoveries, legislation, and general musings that might help you to understand what's at stake, and how to better secure your data.

This is really geeky stuff! I know that a lot of you either don't know or don't want to know the nuts and bolts of why things work the way they do. I assure you that I will do my best to make this blog simple and relevant to your everyday lives.

For those of you who might possibly be a bigger nerd than me, please contribute...or at least shoot me ideas or corrections via email!

A little about me. I come from an information security engineering background, where I have earned various information security and networking certifications. My day job includes performing security evaluations within US finance and insurance sectors leveraging various industry-standard techniques and methods. My reports are used to inform senior management of the risks (technical, administrative, physical or otherwise) as I perceive them, to help secure information assets (data).

I can't promise that everything I say will be true. I'll do my best to share good information, but I'm certain I don't know everything! I look forward to your feedback to help keep the information within this blog helpful and accurate.

I'll be back soon to publish my first article. See you then!

[with] Merritt

No comments: